SharpSim: Parallel

Mar 19, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Hi, I'm a student and I'm working with SharpSim for my thesis work.
Does SharpSim support parallel event executions?
I need to send the same entity to two different events.
What is the correct way?

thanks,
Graziana
Coordinator
Apr 4, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Hi,
Regarding the parallel execution in SharpSim, it runs the simulation thread as a separate thread to its main form thread. This is to run some animation, without locking the screen (e.g.form1), on a Windows form. This runs fine without any problem. However, unfortunately, we haven't implemented yet to run multiple simulation threads at once. I guess this is what you need. On the other hand, there is some progress on SharpSim, a new version will arrive soon which supports multi-agent system modeling. This may perhaps something you might be interested.
Best wishes,
Murat
Apr 8, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Dear Murat,
thank you for your help, but my problem is about the particular system I have to model and implement with SharpSim.
In particular I have to model the possibility to split an entity in tow parallel production line and then I have assemble back them into one entity.
The two production lines have to work in parallel.
In order to solve the problem I thought to duplicate the entity, but I'm not sure it will work correctly. What do you think about?

I'm waiting to hear form you,

Graziana

Developer
Apr 11, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Hi Graziana,

I'm one of the developers. The coordinator couldn't reply your post due to his work schedule. He requested me to help you if possible. I don't know whether you solved the problem or not. If you still need help i can try to help you with my best. In fact, i didn't encountered a problem in my models like yours. Duplicating the entity can be an approach maybe. But I can also offer to define entity attributes (type of boolean) like "inLine1, inLine2". You can change these attributes while parameter passing between events. On the other hand, there can be other solutions because SharpSim has power of object-orientation paradigm and this lets the modeler flexibility.

I know maybe this post may not solve your problem. If your project is long term, SharpSim team can help you. Firstly, i need to see the conceptual model with event graphs. Secondly, brief description (just simple sentences) of the real system that consistent with the conceptual model. Finally, outputs and statistics to be measured.

Again sorry for the delay and if you have suggestions about SharpSim please tell us.

Good luck...

f_c